As a ‘Forever Young’ Baby Boomer, I officially became a ‘senior citizen’ this year, and I have been celebrating all year…with old friends, new friends and anyone who wants to celebrate with me!
This is truly the year my motto has fully manifested, “Living Life to the Fullest!!!” I am so grateful for all the things in which I have been able to participate this year, and all those who help make it possible.
Here are a few of the activities in which I have participated;
- My first trip to Belize, Central America
- My first experience sailing the high seas in a Catamaran yacht
- Snorkeling for the first time
- Riding my bicycle more than 40 miles, in one ride
- Seeing the New York Broadway Show, Motown the Musical…seeing that I am a Detroit Motown girl!
- Touring the Grand Canyon, hiking the Bright Angel Trail, biking the canyon rim, and walking the Sky Walk
- Seeing a Moonbow at Cumberland Falls in Kentucky, one of only 5 places it is visible in the Western Hemisphere
- Reconnecting with old friends, including friends from my teenage years, and my first boyfriend
- Being featured in a local Atlanta area Lifestyle magazine
- Being featured in a Life Plus, Informed & Inspired Senior Living TV segment. And last, but the most significant…
- Having my first doctor’s appointment as a ‘senior citizen‘ and being told there was no code for me in the computer system because I was ‘so healthy.’ My vital statistics (blood pressure, weight, BMI, etc.) were great, all without any medications.
I am so happy and content with my life. I am really inspired by those with whom I share my lifestyle and activities, and they tell me I am their inspiration. That, I will say is one of the most rewarding and heart-warming accolades I can ever receive. Most times, I get choked up when I am told how much of an inspiration I am. To know that I am making a difference in the lives of others while pursuing my passion, and living my life with defined purpose, is what it’s all about It doesn’t get much better than that. But, I do expect the best is yet to come!
So, off I am to the next adventure…see ya soon!
Visit my websites to see some of the activities: